Friday, February 24, 2012

Miss Lucy had a baby, his name was Tiny Tim

Gif courtesy of thisanimalisawesome.tumblr
..she put him in the bathtub
to see if he could swim 
he ate up all the water
he ate up all the soap
he tried to eat the bathtub
but it wouldn't go down his throat
Miss Lucy called the Doctor
Miss Lucy called the Nurse
Miss Lucy called the Lady with the Alligator Purse




We have lots of fun jump rope rhymes in the library.  Just click on the book covers to go the catalog.
These books are great for hand clapping, too. 

The weather is so gorgeous today! Grab a partner, 15 dogs, and jump to it.

* Also, please please please take it from me and do not try the Miss Lucy jump rope technique with cats. They just WON'T jump and end up playing with the rope and then the minute you leave, they jump at nothing. Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. So,so cute! The dogs jump rope better than I ever could. Great post.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite: Three, six, nine: The goose drank wine: The monkey chewed tobacco on the streetcar line...

    eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite: Not last night but the night before
    24 robbers came knockin' at my door
    As I went OUT, then came IN
    I asked 'em what they wanted and this is what they said:
    Spanish dancers do the SPLITS, the KICKS, the TURN AROUND,
    TOUCH THE GROUND, GET OUTTA TOWN!
    Spanish dancers please come BACK,
    SIT on a tack, read a book but do not LOOK!

    (note: everything in caps is something you have to do while jumping)

    I miss jumping rope!
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete