Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hope Floats

Indulge me, Dear Reader, for my annual surprise that we are in fact celebrating our third Thanksgiving together on Miss Kitty Presents.

Image courtesy of The New Yorker Magazine
Like most fanciful readers, I love any distorted reality where one might catch behemoth oddities floating past one's window.  Remember when we read Tuesday and June 29, 1999 together at storytime!

I give great thanks for the wealth of incredible illustrators our young readers can feast on this Thanksgiving. One of my most beloved illustrators is the incredible Melissa Sweet. You must look at her website!

Balloons Over Broday. Melissa Sweet

I am besotted with Balloons Over Brodway.

Balloons over Broadway. Melissa Sweet

How sweetly Sweet tells the true story of Tony Sarg, the genius behind Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade balloons.

Balloons over Broadway. Melissa Sweet

Here's a little sneak preview just to get you in the mood.


Maybe you can design your OWN balloon characters  (be patient for the pdf download) and have a little parade in your bedroom for your fishes to watch! I think if your fishies watched your puppets from inside their fish tank it would look the same for them as it does for us.

I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful. Maybe you'll spot a kitty floating outside your window. Be sure and say "Hello Kitty!"




No comments:

Post a Comment