Saturday, April 27, 2013

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....

...but it can also be quite humbling. This is Miss B; friend and doppelganger.
Miss B has adopted a new identity as "Miss Kitty". She puts on my name tag, sits as my desk, and generally avails herself to all who need her assistance. It does puncture any delusions of grandeur one may possess to overhear a child mimicking you. I'll say one thing for Miss Kitty, she's efficient.

Charming and clever Miss B.

The real Miss Kitty applauded the other Miss Kitty for this clever external mail pocket and picture of our very very fine house. 

 In 'lo these many years of public service, I don't believe I've ever been complimented for being "righteous".  I swear I didn't write this to myself {wink}.

Recently, with a righteous but gentle nudge I made her get out of my chair and reminded her she's had my name-tag in her bedroom for several weeks now and I do in fact need to wear it. She made me a new one after a lengthy discussion about the Marin County Free Library logo.


I wouldn't mind trading places with Miss B. on a day when a quarterly report is due. Here's another fun book about trading places. As always, read the book before you see the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment